Webinar on contributing to GNU Octave

From: Abhishek Kumar
Subject: Webinar on contributing to GNU Octave
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 01:09:50 +0530

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well. My name is Abhishek, a junior from India and I am an Open Source enthusiast. Open Source culture has grown a lot over the past few years among students, especially due to programs like Google Summer of Code, Outreachy, etc.

We’re a team of past Google Summer of Code Mentors, Org Admins, & Students who believe that Open Source is for everyone and students should contribute irrespective of whether they are selected for these programs or not. Keeping that in mind, we’re starting a Spring of Code Program to encourage open source contributions among students.

We have received over 1000+ registrations so far in just under a day of opening up the forms to the students!
It’s a 4 week-long series of webinars aimed to introduce students to projects, interact with maintainers, share with them the benefits of contributing along with some best practices. We have a community of over 5000 students & more than 40,000 subscribers on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyzHIYrZBplqNpKF6R3Y7JUM-iBEGbj0t).

This is to request you to take part in the program on behalf of your organisation to share with students how they can contribute to your projects via a live stream QnA session.

The agenda is going to be somewhat like this:
* Introduction
* About the organisation & Projects
* Tech Stack Used in Projects
* Demo if applicable
* How can beginners get started with contributing
* Resources
* QnA

If you are interested, please book a time slot that works for you here: https://calendly.com/kunal_kushwaha/spring-of-code-session
We sincerely hope you consider this invitation in helping the Open Source community grow. Looking forward to it!

Best,
Spring of Code Team

image.png