Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 10:02:26 -0400

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 8:48 AM Pranjali Sharma <sharmapranjali2806@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello, I'm currently in my sophomore year pursuing Btech in CSE. I'm really interested in the TIFF Image Support Project listed under the Idea List for GSOC. I want to look at the existing code for better understanding of the matter so where can I find it? Also, how do I start contributing to it.

Welcome! Do you have any familiarity with using Octave? In the Octave wiki under https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#What_you_should_know_about_Octave  there are links (admittedly poorly identified) regarding development and how to clone the source code using Mercurial. There are some links to developer guidelines as well.  We use the savannah bug tracker for discussing and submitting specific code patches, as discussed in some of those links.  Some ways to get started contributing can be finding an outstanding bug and giving it a try to find a solution.  Recommend posting a comment to an existing bug so people know you're working on it, since we don't explicitly assign bugs for people to work on.