Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: TIFF Image Support Project GSOC
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 13:00:12 +0200

Am 25. März 2021 um 19:01 Uhr schrieb "Carnë Draug":
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 11:30 PM Nicholas Jankowski <jankowskin@asme.org>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> > @David - are there any similar existing wrappers/class
> > implementations worth pointing out in particular as a reference?
>
> Not really.  The closest thing is the @ftp class which uses the old
> style classes.  Its methods are pretty much single lines that simply
> call the corresponding __dunder__ method.

A few months back I started implementing a classdef wrapper for RapidXML that
also follows a similar approach as the old-style @ftp class.
See: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?59245

I don't remember in which state it currently is. But I believe it was working
more or less.
That implementation also aimed to achieve some compatibility with Matlab's XML
interface. IIUC, that isn't an issue for this project because the libtiff
wrapper would be internal to Octave.

I wouldn't claim that it is a "reference" implementation. Feedback is very
welcome!
But hopefully some parts of it might help getting started with a libtiff
wrapper.

Markus