[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Octave-patch-tracker] [patch #9280] Add data cursor functionality in pl
[Octave-patch-tracker] [patch #9280] Add data cursor functionality in plots
Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:17:06 -0400 (EDT)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0
Follow-up Comment #16, patch #9280 (project octave):
Good stuff! I have some comments and questions:
1. datacursor cannot be moved/adjusted/deleted after initial placement? Would
like to be able to unstick and move and delete. Need this fairly badly.
2. there is no way to add a user-defined function to display data values in a
different format, e.g. as YYYY-MM-DD using datestr()? Note that <nrjank>
comment1 below hints at some such matlab functionality that would be
desirable, namely the UpdateFcn — Callback function that formats data tip
text. Really need this.
For a concrete example off how matlab can do this, see
3. datacursor does not react to a changing zoom level, but rather stays in a
fixed position on the canvas? This is maybe a bit tricky to fix, but "would be
4. Could we get just a few lines of a manual to explain what each mouse button
is supposed to do, etc)?
Thanks, datacursor is a very useful addition to Octave.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via Savannah
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Octave-patch-tracker] [patch #9280] Add data cursor functionality in plots,
Reik Red <=