Re: [Openexr-devel] New images available for download

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] New images available for download
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:28:05 -0800 (PST)

I should probably put a README file in there.

The MultiResolution and Tiles files are tiled-based files.  They're not
readable with the 1.0.7 release or earlier; you need the latest code out
of CVS in order to read them.  I will be releasing this code as 1.1 in the
next few days after I fix a few build-related bugs and integrate the Win32
changes.  You're probably using the 1.0.7 version of exrdisplay and
exrheader, which explains why you can't read them.

Also, exrdisplay in CVS (and 1.1 release) handles display windows
properly, whereas previous versions don't.  That's why exrdisplay shows
the same image for all of the DisplayWindow tests.

I apologize for the confusion.  I released the new tiled images now,
rather than waiting for the official 1.1 release, because I wanted to
allow people to test the code with the new images ASAP.

Brad, I would appreciate your feedback if you can grab the latest code out
of CVS (or from Henti's site where he posts OpenEXR nightly CVS tarballs),
compile that, and then link your code against it.  It'll allow you to read
all of these files, and the new version of exrdisplay will properly
display the DisplayWindow test images.  From the exrdisplay code you can
see how that's handled for your own viewer.

-dwh-