[Openexr-devel] is tile order important?

From: Axel Waggershauser
Subject: [Openexr-devel] is tile order important?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:08:36 +0200

Hi,

I wondered if the order in which the tiles are written to disk is
important/influential to the result on disk, i.e. for best read
performance should I write/read the tiles in a specific order? What
about mipmap levels, should I start with the lowest or the highest
level?

I have tried to write partial mipmap files, meaning, I omitted the
levels with smaller data window size than the tile size, since I am not
interested in them anyway. I could read the images but the open
operation took ages, compared to a complete file. Is it meant to be that
way?

Thanks,
Axel.