[Openexr-devel] Saving an all black image

From: John Cooper
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Saving an all black image
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:01:56 -0700

Are there any known bugs with the EXR library when saving an image in which all pixels are zero (black) and the data window is set to less than the display window? I keep getting files with no scanline data even though the header looks kosher (examined via exrheader). This is with version 1.0.6 of the library, btw. I can't use any other version right now because I do not have VC++ 7.1 installed on my machine (I am using Intel's compiler which compiles my own code, but doesn't compile the EXR library itself without errors) and so I am dependent on the precompiled binaries that I have for 1.0.6.

Thanks!
John Cooper
Commercials TD
Digital Domain