Re: [Openexr-devel] keycode

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] keycode
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:35:29 -0700

No, slateInfo really isn't a part of the keycode, but it is a part of the
SMPTE DPX Motion Picture Information header. One of my questions to the list is should we include everything from the DPX header, or should we just include those necessary to track the keycode? I only need keycode myself right now,
but I'd like to choose something which is both standard and future proof.

If we leave off the slateInfo and reserved fields, we still have the ability to
just do a memcopy from our data structure into a DPX one, which is nice.  I
don't have any major objections to leaving them out.  But on the other hand
they only add 156 bytes.

Personally, I think the slate should be a separate StringAttribute,
but I don't have a strong opinion about this.

Does the memcopy argument really matter? Given the size of this struct,
speed shouldn't be an issue, right?