Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:48:28 +0100

Ken McGaugh wrote:
> When you say "perf offset" above, are you talking about this second number
> Thomas suggests, or are you just referring to the existing perf offset
> number already in Florian's proposed KeyCode class?  Should we add another
> offset field, and if so what should we call it?

>From a scanned image pont of view there is only one perf offset that
makes sense to me, the one corresponding to the frame, relative to the
nearest barcode position. As the perf offset needs dividing to get the
frame offset, I think a perfsPerFrame attribute would work reasonably
well, with a default assumption of '4' in its absence, either that or
you encode a filmFormat and then have a separate
filmFormat->perfsPerFrame conversion table, but that is a step removed
from the real facts so I'm less inclined towards it, for instance who
would care that its Techniscope, but knowing it is 2 perfs per frame
helps to locate the frame.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |