Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking

From: Wayne Price
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:32:41 +0100

Have you tried linking with
  -Bstatic -lz -Bdynamic
to force the libz to be linked as a static library?

Wayne

Ciaran Wills wrote:
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Alas I'd already tried -Bsymbolic
(though I don't really understand what it's supposed to do), and also
linking to the .a versions of the EXR and libz libraries, but to no
avail - it still crashes in inflate_fast in libnrzl_lx.so.

I also tried linking only to libnrzl_lx.so instead of libz, but it's
only a partial implementation and is missing the uncompress symbol.

Derek: It's shake 3.5, and gcc3.3 - a combination that hasn't caused me
any other problems.

I've wasted enough time with this already, so I'm just going to leave it
for now - we're not using zip compressed files internally anyway, but it
is annoying I can't open some of the example images in shake...

Ciaran.

This email sent to address@hidden
---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses for your protection]

--
__________________________________

   Wayne Price
   Development Director
   The Pixel Farm Ltd
   Tel +44 (0) 7775 711539
   http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk/
__________________________________

The information in this email is intended only for the addressee(s) named
above. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The Pixel Farm Ltd do not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses
or other defects and accept no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmissions.

Please note that any views expressed in this email may be those of the
originator and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.

Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication
through our internal and external networks.