Re: [Openexr-devel] Storing multiple layers in OpenEXR files

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Storing multiple layers in OpenEXR files
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:17:33 -0800

Charles Henrich wrote:
I thought I had replied to this, but perhaps something ate my email.  Im not
sure the value of a channelsWithprefix() method adds for us, as we need to
know all the channels an exr can produce from the get go, so we scan the
channel list first thing.  Im also not sure the need of having a
layering-order attribute either.  Layer order seems largely irrelevant,
inter-layer order on the other hand is critical.  (B/G/R versus R/G/B for
example).

I am not sure I understand this yet.
Do you mean "intra-layer" order?
Why does B/G/R versys R/G/B matter?