Re: [Openexr-devel] does half round-trip?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] does half round-trip?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:38:58 -0500

Florian Kainz wrote:

Going from 16-bit half to 32-bit float and back to half is lossless,
at least if you use ILM's Half library to do the conversion.  The set
of possible half values is a subset of the possible float values, so
every half can be represented exactly as a float, with no roundoff.

Yeah, sorry for the red flags. I did get it to round-trip after I added a round up in my double->int conversion.

Thanks for those that gave me the input I needed to keep digging.

--
Paul Miller | address@hidden | www.fxtech.com | Got Tivo?