Re: [Openexr-devel] Open EXR Xcode project

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Open EXR Xcode project
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:20:44 -0500

Hi, Barnaby,

XCode uses gcc, which is the same compiler used when you build on the command line.  So, if you just build OpenEXR the standard way, you will get libraries which can be included in an XCode project.  The README details how to do this, but the short version is:

% ./bootstrap
% ./configure
% make
% sudo make install

The headers and libraries will be in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib by default.  Just drag these libraries into your XCode project and you should be all set.

OpenEXR specifically doesn't maintain an XCode project, to avoid having to sync every time the build process changes.  It's better to have the build process be the same as for other Unix and Unix-like systems.

- Paul