Re: [Openexr-devel] static EXR and dynamic stdc++ under linux

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] static EXR and dynamic stdc++ under linux
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:38:29 -0700

You may want to try explicitly listing the static libraries
on the link line.  For example:

        ../libs/exr/libILmImf.a ../libs/exr/libIlmThread.a

instead of

        -L../libs/exr -lIlmImf -lIlmThread

Pavel Ledin wrote:
Hello Florian,

Thursday, April 12, 2007, 6:22:50 AM, you wrote:

what is the problem you have with static linking?
Do you get unresolved symbols?  Are the libraries
missing?

Thanks for your reply...

No problem with compiling, no errors, no warnings, and I have all libs
and headers.
But it's not compiled as static, it compiled as shared. In other words if I
view my
shaders_p.so(output compiled file) I can see link to
libstdc++.so.6 and libIlmThread.so.4 (no problem with libstdc++.so.6 it's
normal).

And of course it will crash during render, because I have installed
only old 1.2.2 OpenEXR on my machine.
1.4 is contained only locally in my project (../libs/exr).

I need static link OpenEXR.
What's wrong?

LIB = -L/usr/aw/maya8.0/lib -shared -export-dynamic -lstdc++ -static
-L../libs/exr -lIlmImf -lIlmThread

Anyway, as far as I know mental has built-in support
for OpenEXR output.

Yes, but I need my own EXR saver that will save multichannel file with
many passes like:
RGBA, n, z, coverage, label, diffuse, shadow, specular, reflections,
refraction and many more,.. that supported by my p_MegaTK shader
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/megatk_e.shtml
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/howtomegatk_e.shtml

I also need different compressions and data types, like 32unint.
I suppose it's not possible with build-in OpenEXR.