Re: [Openexr-devel] tellg() throws an exception on large files: OpenEXR

From: Michael Wolf
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] tellg() throws an exception on large files: OpenEXR V1.4.0a - VS2005
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 02:53:40 +0200

Well, I guess I can answer my own post now...

> I've got a problem reading a large, tiled openEXR file (that I could write
> perfectly - line order: RANDOM_Y).
>
> The exception Iex::EinvalExc is thrown after a call of _is->seekg(3730400304)
> in Imf::StdIFStream::seekg().
>
> The size of the file is 4.058.791.693 bytes, so just below a potential 4GB
> limit (which by itself would surprise me).

After some creative googleing, this seems to be an issue with the implemtation
of ifstream on windows.

I guess I'll write a wrapper for the native file access functions then.
I'll also post it for public use once I'm done.

Cheers,
Mike

--
db&w Bornemann & Wolf GbR