[Openexr-devel] using the openexr C callable interface on Windows

From: Marc-Antoine Desroches
Subject: [Openexr-devel] using the openexr C callable interface on Windows
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:43:20 -0400

Hello,

I want to use the openexr library from within scheme programs (I use PLT scheme on windows). When I load the dll (using the foreign function interface) I get a R6034 error. It seems the openexr dlls are linked with the MS runtime library. Does someone know a good solution to this that will not get me in dll hell? Is it possible to have openexr dlls that are statically linked with the standard libraries they need?

I use the 1.4.0 vs2005 binary package.

It would be really cool if there was a way for me to use openexr without using a custom-built package. This way users of my application will be free to easily update the openexr library without my help.

Thank you,

Marc-Antoine