RE: [Openexr-devel] Building Visual C++ 2005 for x64 platform

From: James Vanderhyde
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] Building Visual C++ 2005 for x64 platform
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:06:45 -0500

All right, I figured out the problem. The problem is that the format of the .map file changes between linked for 32-bit and linked for 64-bit, and the createDLL.cpp program parses the .map file. The format change is this: every symbol in the .map file that has 1, 2, or 3 initial underscore characters has 0, 1, or 2 underscores (respectively) in the 64-bit .map file. Several places in createDLL.cpp, symbols with two initial underscores are skipped. I changed this to one initial underscore and everything links fine in 64-bit.

James