Re: [Openexr-devel] All-Static Build on Windows?

From: Amaan Akram
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] All-Static Build on Windows?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:28:39 +0100

Hello,

I haven't tried compiling 1.7, but 1.6 compiled just fine as both 64 and 32-bit static libraries under VS2008. Is your issue specific to 1.7?

amaan

On 13 April 2011 15:28, Simon Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On 13 Apr 2011, at 15:20, Paul Miller wrote:
> On 4/8/2011 3:27 PM, Simon Eves wrote:
>> On 64-bit, Half and Iex build, but both IlmThread and Imath complain
>> that Iex.lib is corrupted. DependencyWalker, on the other hand, is
>> quite happy with both Half.lib and Iex.lib.
>>
>> Needless to say, this is rather confusing...
>>
>> If anyone can tell me the right incantatation to get IlmBase 1.0.2 and
>> OpenEXR 1.7.0 converted to static build, I will buy them a beer (if
>> within a ten mile radius of SF).
>
> Simon - I don't think I ever got that to work right. I ended up linking the EXR source directly into my app (well, plugin really).

Same here too. I gave up in the end and just compile all the code into my app directly through a couple of vcproj's for the OpenExr and ILM codebases.

Simon.