[Openexr-devel] Deep Compositing OpenEXR 2.0?

From: sam
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Deep Compositing OpenEXR 2.0?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:29:45 +1030

Hello OpenEXR Developers,

I was wondering if there is any further development with the promised OpenEXR 2.0 for deep opacity raster data for deep compositing.

While working on Avatar I used the system setup at Weta and can see the benefits of such a system.

Do you have any idea of the sort of IO load that a full frame semi transparent volume would put on a system? I imagine that it would be fairly comparable to a deep shadow map of the same resolution.

I would be more than happy to help with some testing.

I am able to compile and render out of Mantra and 3delight and composite in Nuke on CentOS.

Sam