[Openexr-devel] Problem with deep data

From: Richard Hadsell
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Problem with deep data
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 15:25:21 -0400

I have been attempting to add a deep-data part to a multipart file. Everything compiles and runs, but the data I read back from the file do not match in any way the data I wrote to the file. I have tried simplifying as much as possible and stepping through the code in a debugger.

(BTW, the description of DeepSlice's memory layout in ImfDeepFrameBuffer.h is
wrong.  It doesn't describe the layout of pointers to arrays of samples.)

It looks to me like all my pointers are correct, but the data returned by
Xdr::read() are not the data I sent to Xdr::write(). The headers look fine, and
the RGBA image looks fine, but the deep-data part is not.

I have been using version 2.2.0, but I also tried 2.2.1 with no success.

Has anyone had similar problems with deep data?  How can I debug this failure?

--
Dick Hadsell                    203-992-6320  Fax: 203-992-6001
Blue Sky Studios                http://www.blueskystudios.com