openexr-user

[Openexr-user] Help installing Ilmbase and OpenEXR

From: Ellen De Korte
Subject: [Openexr-user] Help installing Ilmbase and OpenEXR
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:45:41 +0100

Dear miss/mister,

My name is Ellen and I am a new PhD student in the field of material
perception.
Specifically, I am interested in how people perceive ageing materials,
that is what makes a material look worn off to people.
To investigate this I am trying to find out whether pictures from a
database created for an earlier study are suitable as experimental
stimuli. However, these pictures are float-point-images and I need
OpenEXR software to eventually get them in MATLAB.
I have no background in computer science or programming and know only
a little bit of MATLAB, so this makes the installation quite complex
for me. For example, it is not clear to me where I should stick in the
"./configure" commands to get the installation of the Ilmbase going.

I am working with Windows, but if it is possible to build the Ilmbase
and OpenEXR library directly through MATLAB I think this would work
out better. However, I don't know whether the same commands apply, as
MATLAB does not like the "./configure" command for example.

All in all, I am looking for some help or resources to be able to get
the OpenEXR library installed. If anyone knows something that would be
of help, I would be happy to hear about it.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ellen