openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Headphones with mx300

From: Kevin Alm
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Headphones with mx300
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:13:46 -0500

I don't know how usefull this is, but maybe this will provide a clue. I looked in the mx300 user guide on the cd that came with my card and although not entirely clearly explained, it sounds like the following is true.

If output 1 only is used the card treats the attached as the 2 front speakers.
If output 1 and 2 are used, it treats them as a quad speaker setup.
If output 2 only is used, it treats it as headphones.

It appears that the card "senses" whether a jack is plugged in and routes signals (and possibly adjusts some signal levels) accordingly.

There is a lot of guesswork in the above. Like most user manuals, this one isn't very detailled, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Kevin Alm