openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] AU8830 SPDIF

From: Erik Gustavsson
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] AU8830 SPDIF
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:22:31 +0200 (MEST)

Hi.

I was wondering what the status of SPDIF output support in the OpenVortex
driver is. I have a MX300 and a DIY output card that I designed some time in
the distant past (http://www.algonet.se/~cyrano/mx2.html). I had it working
with the old binary driver...

The open source driver is working perfectly for me in every other way BTW, but
the only reason I put the MX300 card back into service was that I couldn't use
the digital output on my motherboard in Linux, and I need the digital output as
my (DIY) preamplifier doesn't have any analog inputs :-)

Any ideas what it will take to enable the SPDIF output?

thanks...
/cyr