openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] problem with fifo_setadbctrl on 8810

From: Vladimir Pavlovic
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] problem with fifo_setadbctrl on 8810
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:38:29 -0400

Hi,

I have an au8810 card which I use in a tv capture/playback setup (with
Hauppauge PVR250, ivtv drivers, and mplayer).  Downloaded and istalled the
latest vortex drivers from cvs.  However, I have a problem I cannot solve:
after recording an mpeg2 file (or, for that matter, using any mpeg2 file,
such as a dvd) and playing it with mplayer, the playback stops after some
time.  This is related to au8810 error:

Vortex: vortex_fifo_setadbctrl fail

To fix this, I have to remove snd-au8810 and reload it.  Of course, this is
not a good option for what I need this card to do.

What could be the problem?  I looked at au88x0_core.c and
vortex_fifo_setadbctrl function, but don't have a clear idea of what it
does.  How is the lifeboat upper bound used there (0xbb8) determined?  Can I
increase this value and hope for a quick fix?

Thanks,

Vladimir