osip-dev

[osip-dev] eXosip transport layer

From: FEICHTER Christoph
Subject: [osip-dev] eXosip transport layer
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:14:32 +0000

hi,

my question is about the transport layer protocols.
when reading through RFC 3261 you find several locations where
changing the transport layer between UDP and TCP or vice versa is addressed.
(especially 18.2.1:
For any port and interface that a server listens on for UDP, it MUST listen on
that same port and interface for TCP.”)

how is this possible using eXosip ?
eXosip_listen_addr can only be called once – for either UDP or TCP;
thus, listening to both – UDP and TCP – is currently not possible
and would require some extension/refactoring – am I right ?

br,
christoph