osip-dev

[osip-dev] username in Contact header of response

From: FEICHTER Christoph
Subject: [osip-dev] username in Contact header of response
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:12:31 +0000

hi,

I am just wondering about a detail in function _eXosip_complete_answer_that_establish_a_dialog.
It uses the username of the To-header for the Contact-header of a response.
Shouldn’t we use the username of the request-URI here ?

guess the following scenario:
a user registers under
        From: <sip:address@hidden>
        Contact: <sip:address@hidden>

now, someone calls sip:address@hidden and the proxy
modifies the request-URI to my registered Contact-URI.
(There could also be some redirections and the proxy modifies the
request-URI several times.

For what reason should the callee use the originally called To-URI-username in the Contact header,
instead of its own registered Contact-URI (in my example “12345”, instead of “christoph”) ?
I think this behaviour should be fixed in _eXosip_complete_answer_that_establish_a_dialog.

br,
Christoph