pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Problems building and using under versions of Windows ol

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Problems building and using under versions of Windows older than XP
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:38:53 +0100

> Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 01:56:11 +0200
> From: GISQUET Christophe <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Pan-devel] Problems building and using under versions of
> Windows older than XP
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hello,
>
> trying to compile Pan using mingw under Windows 2000 (SP4), I've come
> the point where pan fails to link because of missing symbols. Those
> are
> getaddrinfo and freeaddrinfo. Indeed README.mingw suggests to add
> -lws2_32 after -lwsock32. After this, the program does link, but
> doesn't
> run.

It seems like you are hitting on the same points where I gave up.
"The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the
dynamic link library WS2_32.DLL. "

We have hit on all the same searches.

 I'm not at the computer I do all my MinGW stuff, but the "freeaddrinfo"
was what I gave up on some time ago and feel that this is the reason why
the windows builds have stopped, others cant sort it either :(

Its a shame as Pan was starting to look good, but I cant run to another
OS just because of that.

Lenny