pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Made 0.99 work under Windows 2000!

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Made 0.99 work under Windows 2000!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:51:35 +0100

Mike Houwers said

> I seem to have managed to get Pan 0.99 working under Windows 2000. I, like
> everyone else who tried, ran into the freeaddrinfo not found when trying
> the newer
> versions. I spent a few hours getting the mingw etc. set up and installed.
> Got
> 0.99 successfully built (only a few deviations from the README.mingw). Of
> course,
> ran into the same old freeaddrinfo error.
>
> After a bit of Googling, I ran into
> http://blogs.msdn.com/seshadripv/archive/2005/10/21/483408.aspx which
> looked promising. So, I modified socket-impl-gio.cc to include
> <WSPiApi.h>, which I apparently have since I have Visual Studio .NET 2005
> installed.

No, well done, Charles and I had sent a few e-mails back and forth about
this problem in the last few days/week and he also thinks he might have it
nailed, but with your work he will no doubt be able to go that bit further
to the v1.00 working on NT5 he said to me would be (hopefully) in the
pipeline.

I dont work with Visual Studio .NET 2005 so this would not have helped me
out, but I am sure I have it in .net pack somewhere, and its a reason to
check it out and fire up the minGW box.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?

http://www.readfreenews.com