pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?

From: Jack
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Update pan web site ?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:52:24 -0500

(resent from subscribed email)

On 2021.12.07 12:34, Petr Kovar wrote:
On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:21:54 +0200
Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont-GANU6spQydw@public.gmane.org> wrote:

On Thursday, 23 September 2021 22:23:38 CEST Jack via Discussions of Pan source code hacking. wrote:
When I looked at the site a few weeks ago, I thought I saw a footer showing that the version of nginx being used was not very recent. I can't find it at all now, but it would be good to know the software running the site is being kept up to date.

> Http headers show:
> Server: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
> which was released in August 2018

Yeah this is a known issue, but note the server has been run by Chris Lambin, one of the original Pan authors, for the past few decades and I don't really have root access to it.

It only serves plain HTML though. Content updates are always welcome. I keep the GitHub mirror here for those interested:

https://github.com/pmkovar/pan-website

Cheers,
pk
It now looks like neither the pan website nor the github mirror have been updated in nearly a year. Is there any problem, or has it just fallen through the cracks? That is all separate from gnome.org being to be down right now, but that seems to be "GNOME systems will be unavailable for a planned datacenter network devices maintenance." (from status.gnome.org)

Jack