pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] cant post

From: Carl L. Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] cant post
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:00:32 -0400

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 09:57, Charles Kerr wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:59:01PM -0400, CL Gilbert wrote:
>
> > What is this? everytime I try to post this is what I am told.
> > ERROR: invalid address ""CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" <address@hidden>"
>
> Hmm, up until now Pan has followed the `son-of-rfc-1036'
> policy of disallowing "<", ">", "(", and ")" in quoted sections,
> but as someone's asked for it, I'll make Pan allow "(" and ")".

Well I never knew about that.  I always do what the clients allow.  So
far every client has allowed me to use ( & ) in my emails.  Or at least
in my newsreaders.  Its a simple thing not to use it, had I known.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD  19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
GNU Privacy Guard http://www.gnupg.org (Encryption and Digital
Signatures)