pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] tasks are queued instead of running

From: ar
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] tasks are queued instead of running
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:27:17 +0000

On Saturday 16 August 2003 01:11 am, ar 71ryjnk02-at-sneakemail.com |pan|
wrote:
> I am running 0.14.0.91.
>
> I'm having a problem that Pan will only queue tasks instead of starting
> them. This started after I brought my machine up after a power failure. Pan
> was running when the machine went off. A few things have changed on my
> machine eg my ip and hostname. Other internet apps are working fine.
>
> Pan says it's online. Toggling online/offline or restarting
> the tasks doesnt help.
>
> What would make Pan queue tasks like this instead of starting them?

My problem appears isolated to one particular server. What changed is my
internet gateway (IOW ISP). I assume that the server is now refusing the
connection, since if I put the old gateway back to the ISP who owns the
server, the queued task beginsto run and completes normally (so it seems that
the task is being retried on some interval).

Shouldn't I be seeing the connection error message from the server (eg 'Server
refused connection') rather than just a queued task? That didnt give me
anything to go on.

ps all this was retested on 0.14.0.93 with same results.