pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Disable Warnings

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Disable Warnings
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:38:56 -0700

On Sat 16 Aug 2003 13:52, Lenroc posted as excerpted below:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:35:39 +0100, Vigil said:
> > How to disable the 'top post' and/or >80 char length warnings?
>
> Don't believe it's possible, as those warnings are [part of] what earned
> Pan the perfect score on the GNKSA testing...

As Lenroc and Charles K imply, those warnings are there to stay in official
PAN, because PAN by deliberate policy complies with the GNKSA guidelines, ALL
of them, including this, and that's not going to change (or if it does it
will be due to a bug).

If you insist on disregarding these warnings, then PAN probably isn't the best
choice of newsreader for you anyway.  However, Charles makes no secret of
where the code is for such things, when asked, and as PAN is GPL licensed
with source available, you are always free to remove the code that so offends
you and recompile, if desired.  Again, as I said, tho, if you don't want
those features, then you can probably find a different newsreader that better
fits your needs, and avoid the hassle.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin