pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 14.1 eats the config.xml still

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 14.1 eats the config.xml still
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:18:30 +0200

Brad Sims [29/08/03 18:50 -0500]:
> On Thursday 28 August 2003 06:00 pm, Christophe Lambin wrote:
> > Seriously, if you have the config.xml that Pan starts with when it corrupts
> > it, along with the steps you do in Pan to cause this problem, that would go
> > a long way in fixing this annoying bug.
>
> Sorry, I missunderstood you.

No worries. Thanks for the update.

We're now pretty confident that we got this big figured out. If anyone
affected is building from source, feel free to apply these patches and see if
the problem goes away:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&subdir=pan/pan/base&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&file=pan-config.c&rev1=1.36&rev2=1.37&root=/cvs/gnome
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&subdir=pan/pan/base&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&file=pan-config.c&rev1=1.37&rev2=1.38&root=/cvs/gnome

These patches don't restore a corrupted config.xml (those are beyond fixing),
but it should no longer corrupt valid files.

Regards,
Christophe