pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.1 - Unable to score any articles

From: Daren Russell
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.1 - Unable to score any articles
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:23:09 +0100

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:51:12 +0200, Christophe Lambin wrote:

> Daren Russell [30/08/03 11:30 +0100]:
>> Trying to add a score results in:
>> 'Cannot create regular expression: ANNOUNCE' (or whatever I am using to
>> score the article)
>> [...]
>> System is FreeBSD 5.1
>
> Works for me on Linux w/ glibc-2.3.2.
>
> Could you post the exact error message? I believe that message should be
> followed by an actual error message.  Also, what happens if you make it an
> actual regular expression, e.g 'ANNOUNCE.*' ?

That is the only error message I get.  I tried adding the .*, and got the
exact same error message, although it had some odd symbols following it.
I then tried it a second time immediately, got the error message without
the symbols.  For exact eg: using gmane, pan.users group.  Middle click on
the announce for 0.14.1 by Charles, SHIFT+CTRL+C, click on add, select
subject and delete everything following the ANN at the start, select
author, click add.  Error dialog pops up with:
'Can't use regular expression: "ANN\.\*":
(Sorry my first message was from memory!) the message includes the colon
at the end, but nothing follows it.  The log has the exact same error
message: '(Null) - Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()'

My glib appears to be 2.2.3 (the latest available on FBSD) Could this be
the problem with this release (previous I used was 0.14.0)

Thanks for the help.
Daren