pan-users

[Pan-users] Is there an easy way to 'search' for things other than Autho

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Is there an easy way to 'search' for things other than Author ID, Msg-ID, etc.?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:42:58 -0700

What's the easiest way to search through the headers of a newsgroup, for
something other than what Pan lets me easily search for?

(I see the search box in the main window lets me filter on Subject,
Author, or Msg-ID, and the Custom Filters have similar constraints.)

Specifically, I need to search through a few thousand posts to see if I
can match on "Organization" or "NNTP-Posting-Host"...

On a NG I frequent, we had a trollish message posted, and I assume it is
one of the regulars, but of course he didn't use a name or email address
that is valid. He did, however, post from an ISP's newsserver, and has
plenty of identifying info in the headers... I'm just not exactly willing
to go through randomly guessing people to check their ISPs for a match.

All I want to do is identify him for the people in the group who don't
realize that he is a regular...

So... can Pan do this, or do I need to use another program?

--
Lenroc