pan-users

[Pan-users] Getting new headers task never finishes

From: Machs_FueL
Subject: [Pan-users] Getting new headers task never finishes
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:49:47 -0400

I've started using pan when i installed Slackware on a computer back
home and it kicks alot of ass.  I don't think i'll ever go back to
Agent.

However since upgrading to 0.14.2 pan doesn't finish download new
headers if there is more then a couple tens of thousands of them.
Smaller amounts work fine.

So right now there are 67378 of 67937 articles retrieved.  pan then
shows and sorts the header plane, and i'm able to broswe/DL/del but the
getting headers task never terminates.
It sits in the task bar for hours, not doing anything.  So once i've
checked three active groups (three max tasks for this sever), i've got to
crash pan and start again.

The computer i'm running pan on is a junker for sure - address@hidden with
384 megs o'ram. I can't seem to downgrade - slack came with version
0.13.4 and all my new config files aren't liked.

Is there anything i can change to fix this?