pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Newbie question - How to add a news group and download h

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Newbie question - How to add a news group and download headers under windows xp sp2
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:53:31 -0700

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:43:46 -0800, Robert Lewis wrote:

> I have installed Pan but I can't get it to download any headers. In
> Outlook express one news group lists the server name as news.cadsoft.de,
> News(NNTP) 119, when I put that into Pan nothing happens.

Forgive my not knowing exactly how much of a newbie you are, but what do
you mean precisely when you say you "put that into Pan"? Do you mean that
you've configured a new "Server" wihtin Pan? If so, it should have been an
automated process to download a list of groups carried by the server. If
that didn't happen, you can force it by selecting your new server from the
"Servers" menu, and then choosing "Get list of All Groups" from the
"Servers" menu.

Then you should see a list of groups on the left. Select one you'd like to
subscribe to by left clicking on it once. You should be prompted to
download headers. After you've done that, you can subscribe to the group
by right clicking on it's name in the Group List, and choosing "Subscribe".

Any of this helping...?

--
Lenroc