pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:39:28 -0700

beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:32:14 -0500:

>> gmane did have it available for awhile, but removed it.
>
> Errr...Duhhh.... So does that mean Pan users can, or can't?? How do we
> filter on membership in a set that isn't really there? Or don't we??
>
> I try to follow gmane's epiphany list, for instance -- and it gets the
> bejeezes spammed out of it. I have to purge it every couple of days just
> to be able to get to the real posts in finite time when I need to.
> Fortunately, for the nonce, most of the spam is in Cyrillic or other
> non-Roman character sets, so that the purging goes fairly fast. But one of
> these bad days, the spammers who use English are going to find that
> particular barn door, and then hold 'er, Nelly!

I've never gotten such cross-post filtering to work with PAN, but there
was another reply from someone saying they did.  Maybe something has
changed since I tried and it now works (perhaps in CVS only, which I
haven't yet loaded, so...), or maybe I didn't get the hoops I jumped thru
in quite the right order or some such, or maybe he was just saying what
/should/ work, not saying it did, as I agree, what he said /should/ work,
but I couldn't get it to do so, here.

Anyway, a reply to that from someone else who tried it and either got it
to work, or couldn't, would be welcome.