pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.90 - memory/swap issues back

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.90 - memory/swap issues back
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:49:52 -0500 (CDT)

> In playing with the new version, it looks like the problems with large
> groups and Pan going nuts have returned.
>
> Pan is reporting the following total for a.b.multimedia.
> alt.binaries.multimedia       633200

The key here is that Pan 0.9 treats a multipart as a single article.
I just downloaded the latest 50,000 articles from a.b.m and Pan treated
it as 2998 articles.  If that's a representative sample of a.b.m, then
those 633,200 articles Pan shows represent *10.5 million* Usenet articles.

Try loading _that_ in Pan 0.14! >:)

cheers,
Charles