pan-users

[Pan-users] BUG 0.94 (and earlier): article-cache.cc:398 assertion fail

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] BUG 0.94 (and earlier): article-cache.cc:398 assertion fail
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:39:58 -0700

I'm finally feeling good enough to get some info on that bug I was talking
about.

Many, many posts, including some of my own made with 0.14.2.91, show up in
overviews/headers, but refuse to appear when I click on them to download.
If I'm running pan 0.94 from a konsole, it'll print the following
assertion error:

(article-cache.cc:398 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.

I normally use gcc-4.1.0 with a number of CXXFLAGS, but compiling with
3.4.6 and with no optimizations whatsoever (only -march=k8 -pipe in
CXXFLAGS) yields the same results.  Likewise, I tried moving .pan2 and
rerunning pan 0.94, in case something was corrupted here.  No difference.

pan 0.14.2.91 downloads the same posts just fine.  I checked the .pan2
cache, and the message doesn't even get cached, tho it does appear to
download (net activity and the status bar says it's downloading, very
briefly).

Below my sig is a copy of one such message, as retrieved directly from
the pan 0.14.2.91 cache.  It's mine, so if necessary I can post the
message as saved in 0.14's pan.sent (the file system version, not just the
one pan displays) as well.

(BTW, Message attached as text using the pan-attach script I posted
sometime ago.  Crude solution, but it works...)