pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Better processing of very large groups?

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Better processing of very large groups?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:11:23 -0500

On 2009-07-02 15:46, Jeff Berman wrote:
From: Ron Johnson Subject: [Pan-users] Better processing of very large groups?

As it is, pan seems to sequentially scan thru all messages when marking a group of them as Read.

There needs to be a better and less memory intensive method of handling huge groups. B-trees, hash tables, SQL-Lite, I don't know, but *something* better than the status quo.

If your concern is performance, are you selecting all the articles in a group and
pressing 'M' (or choosing Articles->Mark Article as Read)?  If so, it seems to be
much faster to just select the group or groups and then typing Shift+Ctrl+M (or
choosing Groups->Mark Selected Groups Read).

But that's only when you want to mark a complete newsgroup as Read. However, that's not what I need, or want, to do. Sorry for any ambiguity.

I was referring to articles highlighted thru click-drag (or it's keyboard counterpart shift-arrow). Similar slowness occurs when adding articles to the save queue.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer