pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Is this the right place for a feature request?

From: Graham P Davis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Is this the right place for a feature request?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:47:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:18:16 +0000, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> If so, there's a feature that I'd like to request (and at the same time
> an inconsistent behaviour to report).
>
> It would be nice to have a way to mark a whole thread read regardless of
> the expanded (or not) state of the thread.
>
> Currently, if a thread is collapsed and one right clicks and select
> "mark article as read", the thread is expanded and all articles in the
> thread are marked as read".  If the the thread is already expanded, the
> same action only marks the current article read.
>
> My opinion is that the "thread collapsed" behaviour is incorrect.
>
> However, it would be nice if there were another option (or 2) on the
> right- click context menu to "mark thread as read" (and perhaps "mark
> thread as unread")
>
> Even though I'm a programmer, I don't feel competent enough to suggest
> the necessary patches as I'm an "old school" Fortran hacker (in the
> good, not pejorative, sense of the work).

Funnily enough, I was thinking the very same thing earlier this morning.
I think both options are necessary as I'm sure I'd need "mark thread as
unread" to follow on a "darn it, I didn't mean that thread" action of
mine.

"Old school" Fortran hackers think alike.  ;-)

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change boy to man
LibreOffice: http://www.documentfoundation.org/