pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:48:19 -0800

On 02/09/2012 10:33 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

And yet you didn't return this faulty product for a refund and buy a
better tablet.

*Shrug!* Sending email from my tablet is a minor convenience for me, especially as I tend to use it in places where there's no WiFi when I'm away from home. (When I'm at home, I borrow bandwidth from a neighbor's unsecured router, and try not abuse their unwitting hospitality.) It's an excellent ebook reader and that's it's main function. And, to keep things separate, I created a special email address for it at my own domain that never gets checked from any other computer. That keeps it off of all of my mailing lists so that I never waste bandwidth with redundant quoting.

Please note, btw, that the primitive editing isn't a function of the email program. The UI's input function has no arrow keys and moving the cursor other than by backspacing is very hit or miss, at least for me. Possibly, as I use it, I'll learn better, but it's still early days. I've no idea if there's a Usenet program for it, but as I'm only interested in text groups, there's no reason to look.