pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Character code page used in Pan (old) postings

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Character code page used in Pan (old) postings
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:31:00 +0000

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:44:57 +0000, I wrote:

>  I use Kwrite when composing postings.
>        Its Encoding *is* set at UTF-8...

  However, when I looked in the Pan Composer** 'Other Headers' menu, I
saw that the code set had indeed somehow got set to 'iso-2022-jp' !

I have no idea how that got set, as I had never heard of that code set,
and had forgoten the existence of that Composer option.
   But - by comparing with the backup taken a few days ago - I could
see that that change had occurred in the last few days, cooinciding
with the overall Group Properties change from iso-8859 to UTF-8.
   So it is bizarre that that change had occurred.

** I usually use Kwrite for composing postings, only occasionally
     using just the Pan composer.
--
/\/\aurice