pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] line length

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] line length
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 01:30:34 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth posted on Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:44:40 +0000 as excerpted:

> On gmane.education.libraries.autocat there are several posters whose
> texts Pan 0.139, running under Fedora Linux 17 a/o 18 (on several
> machines), displays as having bodacious humongous long lines, so long
> they're a royal PITA to read.
>
>       Is there some way I can tell Pan, once and for all, to wrap lines
> after some reasonable length? I can keep hitting w, but it would be nice
> not to have to ...

AFAIK it has always worked as a remembered toggle here.  Once I set it
wrapped, it stays wrapped on all posts until I unwrap it.  If I set it
unwrapped (because somebody posted some table data that pan's wrapping
wrong in wrapped mode, perhaps), then it stays unwrapped on all posts
until I wrap it again.

The /real/ bad posts are the ones with table data and humongous long
lines in the same post!  Then I have to keep wrapping and unwrapping as I
read thru a single post!