pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan0.139 problems

From: Bob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan0.139 problems
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 01:19:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:01:58 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:59:24 -0500, bob wrote:
>
>> For fonts, [Edit] ==> [Preferences] ==> [Fonts]
>> See fonts.jpg
>
>    I do use Pan's option's to control fonts, but they don't include the
> grey 'header' panel that appears at the top of the message window.
>   (Solved that problem by minimising it and then ignoring it!)
>
>> The colors I use are due to eyesight problems as I cannot take black on
>> white due to the high contrast.

I have a similar problem.  I suffer from "Photophobia" which is NOT a
fear of light, but a reaction to bright light.  When I was in the Air
Force stationed in the Phillippines during late 1960's, I was diagnosed
by the A.F. Doctors and given prescription sunglasses, as an enlisted man.
My fellow enlisted friends were envious....

I recently had cataract surgery on my left eye, I was totally blind in
that eye, couldn't even notice any light at all.  Now, I can actually see
better out of my left eye than my right.  I don't even wear glasses when
working on the computer any more.  Still have to use the sunglasses tho..
and use the dark format in the os of choice. Mint 13 Maya (Mate) Amd-64