pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:21:25 +0100

On Tuesday 20 August 2013 14:04:46 Dave wrote:

> <pan.2013.08.20.12.42. address@hidden>

> <pan.2013.08.20.12.42. address@hidden>

Each of the above are replies to the immediately preceding post.  Note that
the References headers are dropped when split in the "wrong" place so the
threading information is only present when a complete, un-split reference is
present.  Split references are silently dropped and ignored.

Another Pan user in the same group is not having this problem and old posts of
mine in that group also do not have this problem.  This strongly indicates
that it's not a Pan problem per se but is caused by an external library
incorrectly parsing/wrapping the References headers.

I'm running on FreeBSD 9.1 with all ports up to date as per
portsnap/portupgrade so maybe it's something I'll just have to wait for,
unless anyone knows the bowels the Pan enough to tell me which library is
doing the parsing.