pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Long URL in quote are wrapped

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Long URL in quote are wrapped
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:45:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 15:32:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Yes.  Pan's wrapping code is "quirky", in that regard.  I've learned to
> select the wrapped part and attach it to the address in the browser's
> address bar when the error comes up, to complete the address.
> Alternatively, select-paste the thing elsewhere and edit it there, then
> select the link, and if you have a clipboard helper popup like I do
> (kde's klipper), it'll popup the completed link then and allow you to
> send it to the browser.

Or just highlight the multi-line URL and click reply where you can then
edit out the "gaps".  Now you have a single, complete URL to paste into
the browser address bar.  It's still a fudged workaround but that seems
to work as the minimum number of steps.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.