pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Timezone

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Timezone
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 00:00:25 +0000 (UTC)

hiker posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 10:42:18 +0000 as excerpted:

> Hi
>
> An other question: Pan seems not to take the timezone information from
> the OS or machine. The message header contains time UTC.
>
> Any place to change this?

I'm not aware of any.

You will note that my headers also contain the posting date in UTC.
However, at least here, pan does the conversion to local time for display
in the overview/header pane, while continuing to display the literal
header time (thus UTC for pan's posts) in the body pane.

I seem to vaguely recall something about that as an option (probably MAY
level, possibly SHOULD, but not MUST) discussed in the RFCs, but don't
remember anything at all about the details, and it's not enough of a
worry to me to justify spending the time to try to look it up, so unless
someone else either does the research or already knows and can post a
nicely clickable link... or at least a reference to the specific RFC...