pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan glues lines together when 'wrap article body' is ena

From: Mateusz Viste
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan glues lines together when 'wrap article body' is enabled
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 11:42:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 11:15:31 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> I believe that's a feature, not a bug. =:^)
>
> Agreed it can sometimes be irritating, but that's why there's a hotkey
> to quickly toggle it. =:^)

Hi Duncan, thanks for this extensive explanation - it's perfectly clear
now why this happens, and indeed, it could be perceived as a desirable
feature on some chaotic groups. Personally, I would prefer using a
"normal" (ie dumb) wrapping that simply leaves short lines alone...
Currently, I get bit by Pan each time I post a code sample or even a
simple bullet list.

Anyway, I understand the history behind this so I won't argue, and will
learn pressing the 'w' key more often :)

Mateusz